"Everything's gonna be alright!" is Bishop Keith A. Butler's declaritive statement at New Years Eve Service. Subsequently, it will serve as the new model mindset for the year 2011. It is barely five minutes into the new year and I already question how 2011 will end for me. One couldn't possibly predict that in fact every encounter throughout the year will be favorable; that God's favor will rain down from heaven on a cloud of glory. Sounds preposturous right? Many people would say so but i beg to differ.
Looking back over the years, I've stuck to the same monotonous routine: draft some New Years resolutions pertaining to my physical wellbeing, attempt to "not let the haters phase me" or achieve yet even higher grades than from the semester before. Like many around the world, the four month marker proves that my efforts in accomplishing these resolutions are futile. My reasons for failing to follow through with these resolutions result from sheer laziness or lack of discipline. So what makes this year different from the rest?
For once in my life, I'm going to make God's commandments a priority in my life. Living my life by the laws that God has put in place for all Christians is sure to bring blessings and favor. So in essence, "everything is gonna be alright" by living such a life. Only God knows the plans he has for my life so why would I ever venture away from him? So yes, I choose to put my faith in this new mindset for the year. Call me reckless but I actually want to suceed in the most honest way possible. 2011 here i come!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment